A bag functions like a physical envelope that is used to send content through the mail but with bags, a user sends content from one computer to another. This video describes the preparation and transfer of data over the network in bags.
Heard around the Commons:
- Got a minute to vote for the Powerhouse Museum’s incredible Flickr Commons book? C’mon – click on over to Blurb.
- Stereo-view detail: The Powerhouse Museum gives a little background on the topic.
- All is not lost – using digital photography to recover daguerreotypes: a great preservation resource from the Powerhouse.
- Michael Feinstein comes to George Eastman House in October – get yer tickets!
- Oregon State University Archives explains their “trip to Mount Hood.”
- Are you reading the National Library of New Zealand’s Source? Every Friday, a wrap-up of things of use to digital libraries..
- Cataloging for Gold: Learn what college students have unearthed at the Library of Congress over the summer.
- Art review: The Chimaera of Arezzo at the Getty Villa: An LA Times article about happenings at the Getty Museum.
- Want to know where to stay up with the Smithsonian Institution online? card.ly can help.
- Right now in the Luce Foundation Center (Smithsonian Institution) you can borrow a Flip Mino and shoot a video of your museum visit!
- What price fame? by Marvin Heiferman, Smithsonian Photography Initiative, discusses Annie Leibovitz’s financial situation in a broader sense.
- And, Down at the Drive-In, by Christin Boggs, Smithsonian Photography Initiative, is an awesome take on the intersection of media and transportation.
- And the SI has some notes about the International Astronomical Union (IAU) meeting on their Chandra X-ray blog. Check out their 10th Anniversary post, too.
- Did Michael Jackson model face after Egyptian bust? The Chicago Sun-Times unearths some spooky stuff at the Field Museum.
- Fflur Dafydd wins £5,000 literary prize for book set at The National Library of Wales! yay!
- Plan a trip to the National Media Museum!
- Or, learn from them how to digitize motoring photographs!
- The State Library of Queensland, Australia, weighs in on conserving gilded frames in the Richard Daintree Photographic Collection.
… your welcome is assured…
History in the making, with a clip of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.